Academic IT Specialist
in Boston, Massachusetts 02109 - US
Academic IT Specialist
We are looking for an Academic IT Specialist to join a renowned college in the Boston area. This role will serve as the liaison between the Information Technology department and college faculty and staff. The Academic Computing Specialist will support faculty and academic programs, specifically focusing on student needs, instructional technology, trainings and workshops. The role will require a high level of independence as well as the ability to work within a team environment.
- Training and troubleshooting software, applications and other academic systems for faculty and staff
- Advising and making suggestions to the IT department regarding software, application and system edits and improvements
- Assists in development, implementation, and enforcement of policies and procedures regarding academic software and hardware, reporting, database access, copyright and license compliance, backups, system security, project plans and status reports
- Coordinate academic technology and computing services
- BS/BA degree in Instructional Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Advanced understanding of Windows operating systems within an educational environment
- At least 1 year of experience related to delivering computing, information and instructional technology support
- Advanced knowledge of application software and hardware
- Proven ability to train and coach non-technical users
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume: email@example.com
For questions, please call 617-250-1000. There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.