in Boston, Massachusetts 02110 - US
Our client, one of the most respected higher education institutions in Boston, is currently seeking an experienced and professional Assistant Controller. The assistant controller will report directly to the Corporate Controller, CFO and the head of Financial Planning.
- Assist the Corporate Controller with monthly financial statement preparation, including preparation and review of journal entries, supporting schedules and tie-out of financials, as well as annual audited financial statement preparation,
- Review monthly actual revenues and expenses as compared to the most recent budget/reforecast and summarize significant variances for the head of FP&A and CFO.
- Work with the treasury and accounts payable functions to improve efficiencies and reduce risk through implementation of additional processes and/or technology solutions.
- Work with and review the work of the third-party tax professionals completing annual tax returns and other filings.
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Ability to research and document technical accounting concepts
- Sound understanding of US GAAP financial statements
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with Yardi preferred
If you'd like to apply, please submit a resume for consideration
There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.