Desktop / Network Support
in Boston, Massachusetts 02109 - US
Desktop / Network Support
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist with dual experience in desktop support and network administration. At least 1 year of experience in a corporate IT setting is required in this role. The experience will preferably be a combination of desktop support of over 100 end users and duties involving network management and support. This position is joining a 10 person IT team and will involve working directly with end users, management and outside vendors. Strong communication is required in this role. We are looking for an individual with a creative mind who is detail oriented and technically strong.
- Providing administration and management to entire network and desktop environment
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems and suggesting improvements to management
- Troubleshooting network connectivity including peripherals and printers
- Configurations of operating system and remote set-up
- Assisting in Windows and SQL server support; knowledge of Citrix helpful
- Hardware repair and builds; A+ certification helpful
- Installs and upgrades of operating systems, hardware and software
- Active Directory account management and policy changes
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree; additional years of comparable work experience will be considered
- At least 1 year of Active Directory management experience
- Experience working with outside technical vendors
- Windows desktop and Windows 2003 server experience
- Ability to communicate with non technical end users
- Attention to detail and ability to organize
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please call 617-250-1000. There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.