Immediate RN Opening - ICD-9 experience needed
in Boston, Massachusetts 02109 - US
Immediate RN Opening - ICD-9 exp needed
With our health care services department growing at a rapid pace, we need to hire a Registered Nurse immediately. The opportunity is a full-time, Monday-Friday, 9-5 position located in our Quincy office of our reputable healthcare organization. The ideal candidate will be able to step in and help manage the discharge planning process for a number of patients using their previous clinical experience working directly with patients and other hospital staff to organize discharging and provide education of options to patients and hospital staff. This permanent opening provides an excellent way to grow your career in the healthcare industry and is also a great opportunity to work with experts in an industry leading, growing company.
- Conducts pre-certification and retrospective clinical review of in state and out of state inpatient cases at acute, rehabilitation and skilled nursing facilities though application of evidence-based medical necessity criteria
- Focuses on efficient utilization management with emphasis on discharge planning. Case management components may be required.
- Collaborates with physician reviewers, case managers, project leaders and associates to optimize member care
- Facilitates review process by communication with members, families, providers, and medical staff for information relating to benefits
- Educates and support members and families regarding benefits, eligibility, policies and processes with the goal to empower self-advocacy.
- Completes cost avoidance and other reports and tracking tools to capture impact and/or scope of medical management responsibilities.
- 2-4 years of clinical experience as a registered nurse or case manager
- Registered Nurse with an active professional Massachusetts license.
- ICD-9 understanding
- Ability to work well independently and as a team
- Excellent communication and patient care skills
If you're interested in applying for this role or learning more about our organization, please submit your resume
For questions, please call 617-250-1000. There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.