IT Support Specialist
in Boston, Massachusetts 02109 - US
IT Support Specialist
We are looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our 100+ engineering organization in the Downtown Boston area. This is open role is due to tremendous growth within the organization and will start off immediately with unlimited potential for growth for the right candidate.
The role is a dynamic combination of desktop support and network support functions. Reporting to the Director of IT, this position joins a team of 8 IT professionals and will require an excellent ability to work as a team player as well as complete tasks independently. At least 3 years of corporate experience in a technical support capacity is required for consideration in this position.
Duties will include:
- Supporting 100+ end users and 60+ remote users in daily troubleshooting
- Hardware and software updates and upgrades for both PCs and laptops - dual platform of Windows and MAC
- Active Directory user management (adds, edits, permissions, etc.)
- Upgrade of network connections, messaging and applications
- Re-imaging and configuration of Windows 2003 laptops to Windows XP
- Setting up A/V equipment for meetings and presentations
- Assisting in maintaining and troubleshooting of WAN
- Identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Logging and tracking calls using HEAT system and follow-up for routine user problems
- Maintaining database of inventory of workstations, hardware and software
Requirements for this role:
- At least 1 years of corporate technical support experience
- At least 1 year of network support/assistance
- Strong understanding of Active Directory user functions
- Strong understanding of Windows applications and MS Office Suite 2003
- Experience migrating and/or updating PCs and/or laptop for network configuration
- Knowledge of antivirus software, automation and diagnostic software
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please call 617-250-1000. There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.