LPN - Hospice
in Boston, Massachusetts 02109 - US
LPN - Hospice
We are one of the largest and most experienced hospice providers on the North Shore, looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join our friendly staff of clinical professionals. As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the LPN will perform select nursing care functions under the direction of an RN as well as assist with developing, implementing, and evaluating nursing care plans. Because we expect our nurses to maintain currency in hospice practice, clinical skills, and health care policy, we provide in-service education programs to help keep your skills sharp and up to date. A passion for working in hospice is a plus as we pride ourselves with providing the best service we can for our patients and their families. We also are a team-oriented environment and enjoy the comradery working alongside our colleagues.
- Assist the registered nurse in developing, implementing, and evaluating nursing care plans.
- Participates in evaluating the patient and family situation and needs.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Prepares clinical notes and maintains electronic medical records
- Instructs and supervises family members and other caregivers in appropriate patient care activities.
- Participates in case conferences, interdisciplinary team meetings, staff meetings, and in-service programs.
- Participates in the evaluation of nursing services and in the evaluation of own job performance.
- Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Massachusetts
- Previous experience in a home health, long term care, hospice or hospital setting.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings.
- Willingness to continually improve performance and desire to achieve excellence in performance
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing
If you're interested in applying for this role or learning more about our organization, please submit your resume
For questions, please call 617-250-1000. There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.