in Boston, Massachusetts 02109 - US
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Sr. Mobile Interactive Designer with mobile platform experience working with large consumer websites or brands. Working closely with the Senior Mobile Designer and Mobile Product Team, you will be designing our next generation of mobile websites & apps across multiple platforms. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be personally responsible for creating highly usable and intuitive interfaces and engaging mobile experiences.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent mobile experiences for our client and their global websites, optimizing features and functionality to take full advantage of the various platforms they support.
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation with business managers, and the design team to help define a mobile creative strategy.
- Communicate and sell your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, partners, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience in mobile web and app design, preferably on large, content-rich consumer websites
- Knowledge of Mobile Usability best practices
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills
- Solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, palette development, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You must have a deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
- Experience with Native app design: experience with fully native apps on iPhone and ideally on multiple platforms, especially Android
- Experience with Native app controls: how standard controls (like the tab bar on iPhone) work, and what the constraints are (also related: familiarity with Apple UX guidelines)
- Experience with cross-platform interoperability & graceful degradation: ideally based on device detection and device capabilities (e.g. WURFL device description repository)
- Experience with Webviews: integration of mobile web pages into native apps
- Proficient to expert in: Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS, particularly pseudo-native functions like CSS transitions, and how they work when integrating native views and webviews
- Interaction design skills: Experience creating wireframes a big plus.
- Experience with international audiences a plus.
- Bachelors degree required in design-related discipline: Interaction, Graphic or Interface design.
Must submit an online portfolio and resume to be considered for this position
There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.