in Boston, Massachusetts 02109 - US
The Network Administrator is responsible for a dual platform environment in an international publishing company. This role supports 10 servers (Windows and Linux mixed environment) and 500+ workstations and laptops (Windows). The Network Administrator is also responsible for managing 2 network support associates. The position reports to the Director of Information Systems and Technology.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and configuring company-wide infrastructure for network, systems, security and users
- Installations, upgrades, updates and repairs of all network and desktop software
- Manages and supports updates and repairs of network hardware – CISCO switches, routes, LAN/WAN connection
- Assist in planning and creation of imaging for desktops and laptops
- Database management
- Patching and security scans
- Provides desktop support coverage as back-up to Desktop team
- Creating network users, user environments, directories and security
- Maintains disaster recovery plan to maintain network systems operation
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science related field is strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of network management experience, specifically Windows
- Advanced knowledge of Windows management and troubleshooting
- A passion for technical advancement and research
- LAN/WAN management and monitoring experience
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please call 617-250-1000. There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.