Systems Administrator-Growing BioTech Organization
in Boston, Massachusetts 02109 - US
Systems Administrator - Growing BioTech Org
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Cambridge-based biotech organization. We just received third-stage VC funding and are growing rapidly. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic technical professional who is looking for an entrepreneurial role that will involve both information technology duties and business collaboration. A 50+ person organization, as a company, we expect to double in size this year. This Systems Admin position will join the Director of IT and Operations as well as a Technical Support Specialist.
Duties of the role will include:
- Daily monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of 3 Windows 2003 Servers
- Daily monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of network applications
- User account administration
- New system deployment and management
- Installing and configuring new servers and firewall
- Setting up and management of blackberry server
- Troubleshooting of electrical subsystems and components
This 4 person IT team will cross train on daily responsibilities and this role will also include daily help desk and desktop support functions. A hands-on technical professional will be required for this role.
- At least 2 years of desktop and technical support experience
- At least 1 year of systems management experience
- Strong understanding of Windows network environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with other IT professionals to increase business productivity through technical capabilities
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please call 617-250-1000. There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.