Accounting Manager – $100/k + bonus
in Boston, Massachusetts 02110 - US
Accounting Manager – $100/k + bonus
We are looking to add an experienced Accounting Manager to our Fund Administration team. We are one of the oldest investment management firms in the US and have a reputable brand as an industry leader. Currently, we have over $4.5 billion invested in real estate assets and are routinely recognized by the major publications as a “best company to work for” both locally in Boston and nationally.
You’ll be joining an experienced team of 10 made up of mostly “big 4” alumni. It’s a hard-working, humble group that moves at a fast pace and has a strong sense of work-family balance (no long nights or weekends). With 19 consecutive quarters of net positive growth in assets under management, this position offers unlimited potential for new challenges and career advancement. Reporting directly to the VP of Real Estate Operations and Financial Reporting, there’s high visibility with important company officials. Ultimately, this team and department report under the CAO. This is a newly opened position due to a previous colleague leaving after 10+ years making a move back to public accounting and left on excellent terms.
In this role, the successful candidate will be a strong team contributor, responsible for managing all aspects of accounting and reporting of real estate investments, including transaction accounting. Effective communication and relationship skills, as well as a strong understanding of internal controls and strong attention to detail, are critical for this function
- Manage the overall accounting and internal and external reporting records for wholly-owned and co-owned subsidiaries and real estate joint ventures (currently in the following sectors: multi-family, office, industrial and mixed-use).
- Administer the Exchange Funds' borrowings and related interest rate swap agreements.
- Review financial statement presentation and disclosure and overall assist with Alternative Investment Funds' semi-annual financial reporting process.
- Plan and perform annual audit programs and procedures at third party property managers. Prepare internal audit memorandums and oversee the completion of audit procedures.
- Review, manage and maintain debt compliance for individual real estate investment properties held in various ownership structures.
- Oversee and manage staff performance. This includes daily management, supervision, work delegation, and providing mentoring and support. Prepare annual performance evaluations in accordance with Eaton Vance policies.
- Adequately adhere to, maintain and oversee internal controls, policies, and procedures, ensuring consistency and accuracy in accounting and reporting.
- BS in Accounting. Masters in Accounting or MBA is strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience with exposure to the real estate industry.
- Experience with fair value accounting for real estate strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to work independently and to take strong ownership of responsibilities.- A high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain excellent working relationships with multiple outside service providers as well as other teams at Eaton Vance.
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills.
If you’d like to apply to join our team, please submit a resume for consideration
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.