Bookkeeper, Higher Ed
in Boston, Massachusetts 02110 - US
An experienced bookkeeper is needed for a large university in the Boston area who can make an immediate impact. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the position requires an energetic, motivated individual with previous office and accounting experience and willing to work in a fast paced environment. Candidates will be working in the front office processing AP/AR invoices, cash applications, and reconciling to general ledger. This is a full time position that offers tremendous experience for someone looking to work within higher education while continuing to develop their accounting experience.
- Assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions including data entry, cash receipts, and cash disbursements
- Researching and resolving accounts payable and receivable issues with employees
- Performing general ledger reconciliations
- Additional tasks as assigned by Accounting Manager
- 4 year degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 1 to 2 years’ of AP/AR or collections experience
- Previous experience working with PeopleSoft
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work within a team environment
If you’re interested in this position, please submit a copy of your resume.
For questions, please call 617-250-1000. There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.