in Boston, Massachusetts 02110 - US
We have partnered with a well-known hospital located in Canton, MA who is looking to hire a Medical Coder as soon as possible. This facility is a highly rated rehab center for children recovering from injuries that need this help.
This work is critical in nature, but low volume in total scope. We're looking for a coder that wants to work 4-5 hours a month on admissions and discharge coding for our long term patients.
This role does require the new hire to be proficient in Meditech software.
This role reports to the finance department. There is also no public transportation access to this facility so the ideal candidate would need daily access to a vehicle to get there (parking is free).
- Perform complex coding in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide resources to the Billing team and researching/executing coding inquiries
- Working in the billing review to provide quality assurance to medical codes on file. Making adjustments as necessary
- Maintaining a working knowledge of in ICD-10
- Special projects as needed assigned by the Finance Director
- 1+ years or experience in a role with heavy usage of Meditech software
- Proficiency and working knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10
- CPC/CCS certifications preferred
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have daily access to a vehicle
If interested, please submit a resume for consideration
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.