Patient Care Coordinator
in Quincy, Massachusetts 02169 - US
Patient Care Coordinator
PSG has teamed up with a leading healthcare institute located right in Quincy. This institution is affiliated with one of Boston's most reputable colleges for healthcare so there's unlimited potential for growth! The Patient Care Coordinator is a full-time, 40 hour work week. The ideal candidate will play a vital role as the organization's first point of contact. It's essential that the Patient Care Coordinator is comfortable dealing with all levels of staff. We are looking for someone who can keep calm under pressure and can plan their own day since we aren't looking to micro-manage as this role reports to the Practice Director.
- Ensure that patients' needs are met and that patients are served in an efficient and friendly manner
- Verify insurance eligibility via online or telephone based eligibility systems
- Review billing to ensure that appropriate procedures and diagnosis codes have been designated
- Understand when and how to switch an appointment type
- Proactively seek referrals and prior authorizations if needed
- Schedule patients appropriately according to provider preferences
- Register patients and obtain insurance information following proper protocols
- Answer incoming telephone calls, greet and check in patients in a professional and timely manner
- Promote a safe environment for patients, visitors and peers.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in an office setting
- A passion for healthcare and helping others
- High level of professionalism dealing with all levels of staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost integrity
If you'd like to apply, please submit a resume for consideration
For more information about this job or to CHAT WITH US LIVE : www.psgstaffing.com
There are no costs for candidates utilizing our services as our clients pay for all related hiring fees. All PSG job postings are either actual positions we had available at the time of posting and/or are representative of positions we typically fill or expect to fill. If you see a job that interests you, respond to the ad or give us a call so that we can help you find a job you'll love. As one of the area's largest staffing firms, we help 2,500 people find jobs a year so chances are good that we can help you too.
Professional Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.