Travel Consultant ($30/hr)
in Needham, Massachusetts 02494 - US
We host the world's largest travel platform and help 490 million travelers each month make every trip their best trip. We're looking to hire new Travel Consultants that will be responsible for imagining the future of the company and travel planning, including the creation of a Concierge service.
Our Concierge service is a brand new, exciting offering, and our Concierges will have the opportunity to define, shape, and enhance the service and the member experience. Because of that, we are not only searching for professionals who know and love travel but who also have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of a founding team that seeks to fundamentally change the way that travelers access information and plan trips.
- Search our internal platform and content (including reviews, photos, maps, etc.), synthesize results, and use personal judgement (and, if applicable, personal experience) to provide recommendations for accommodations, dining, and activities in response to member requests.
- Supplement recommendations with short, well-written annotations that explain the relevance and or benefit of the recommendation(s).
- Use third-party data provider to relay COVID-19-related travel information, including: testing and quarantine requirements, travel restrictions, and status of businesses and other services
- Use messaging tools to respond to customer inquiries in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, representing our brand in a positive light at all times.
- Provide consistent and timely product feedback to improve the member experience, including the logging of all “bugs” and other errors.
- At least 1 year of prior service experience in the the travel industry or relating to travel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- World class customer care skills, with a customer-first mindset while communicating via email, phone, and/or other channels.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results.
- Global geographical knowledge.
If you're interested in applying, please submit a resume for consideration
We are is an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.