Traveler Concierge Associate
in Needham, Massachusetts 02494 - US
Traveler Concierge Associate
We host the world's largest travel platform and help 490 million travelers each month make every trip their best trip. Within our organization, the New Ventures team is responsible for imagining the future of the company and travel planning, including the creation of a Concierge service.
Concierges are on the front lines of delivering our brand promise — to be the world’s preferred travel guidance company — to our most loyal and valuable members. They also serve as the greatest manifestation of our core belief, that “the best plans are guided by people like you, who have been there before,” by searching for, synthesizing, and providing information and recommendations that are based on the experience and opinions of real travelers — including their own!
The Concierge has two primary roles: (1) to search our internal platform and content (including reviews, photos, maps, etc.) and provide recommendations for accommodations, restaurants, and activities and (2) to relay COVID-19 related travel information to our members. We expect our Concierges to deliver this information in an effective and efficient manner, but we also want them to be human and have fun. (After all, each interaction is an opportunity to make a traveler’s hard-earned trip better and more memorable.)
Our Concierge service is a brand new, exciting offering, and our Concierges will have the opportunity to define, shape, and enhance the service and the member experience. Because of that, we are not only searching for professionals who know and love travel but who also have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of a founding team that seeks to fundamentally change the way that travelers access information and plan trips.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Search our internal platform and content (including reviews, photos, maps, etc.), synthesize results, and use personal judgement (and, if applicable, personal experience) to provide recommendations for accommodations, dining, and activities in response to member requests. Supplement recommendations with short, well-written annotations that explain the relevance and or benefit of the recommendation(s).
- Interface with third-party data provider to relay COVID-19-related travel information, including: (1) testing and quarantine requirements, (2) travel restrictions, and (3) status of businesses and other services
- Use a suite of technology tools to respond to customer inquiries in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, representing our brand in a positive light at all times.
- Align writing style with brand voice to inject personality, have genuine conversations, create unexpected moments of delight, and foster member satisfaction.
- Perform additional travel-related tasks during “down time” as needed (e.g., calling hotels on members’ behalfs, curating collections of travel content, etc.)
- Provide consistent and timely product feedback to improve the member experience, including the logging of all “bugs” and other errors.
Experience and Education
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a customer service-related field or in a customer-facing role is required.
- Experience in the travel industry is required. Experience as a “travel agent” or “travel advisor” is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English and articulate.
- Excellent customer care skills, with a customer-first mindset while communicating via email, phone, and/or other channels.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and administrative skills.
- Excellent skills related to time management, including organization, prioritization, multitasking, and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while adhering to work schedule and utilizing time tracking systems.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results.
- Global geographical knowledge.
- Basic background knowledge of computers and IT functions.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Constantly sitting for long periods of time, wrist motion, manual dexterity, fingering, and handling.
- Frequently seeing, moving eyes, arms, hands and fingers freely, eye/hand coordination, attention to/observing details, making decisions, and following directions.
- Occasionally walking 10 to 30 feet.
- Frequently reading, writing, and working rapidly; concentrating amid distractions.
- Occasional standing, wrist motion, twisting, bending, lifting up to 25 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling, and handling.
If you're interested in applying, please submit a resume for consideration
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that different tasks be performed as necessary.
We are is an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.